Useful information for your stay
We provide all of the following:
- Fairy liquid (Starter Pack)
- Dishwashing tablets (Starter Pack)
- Toilet rolls (2 rolls/toilet)
- Tea towels and oven gloves
- Bath towel/hand towel per person.
- Bed linen
We make up the main double room, end superking room and single room as standard. If you need the trundle bed in the single room, or the superking made as a twin, please request on the booking form
Other things to note...
This is an old property: in places, there are low doorways and ceilings, unexpected steps, and uneven floors. We love it for these quirks and hope you do too!
Heating is a combination of underfloor heating (in part), highly efficient new electric radiators, plus of course the woodburners. There is secondary glazing throughout.
Bringing your dog with you...
Dogs welcome, but please let us know in advance and agree to house doggy rules:
– No dogs upstairs
– No dogs on furniture
– Dogs on leads outside please due to livestock in fields
– Clean up all mess outside. It’s hazardous for smaller guests and makes mowing the lawn very unpleasant..
– No showering dogs indoors – it blocks the drain! There is an outdoor tap.
Driveway & Parking
The farmstead is approached via a couple of miles of unmade track. Note, we’ve never had a problem with access (including sports cars) but do enquire if you’re concerned. The cottage itself is traditionally built from granite, dating back several hundred years, idyllically situated in farmland with views to swathes of moor beyond.
Ample parking available.